Albert Einstein:

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world
Albert Einstein

Sunday 17 June 2012

Day 2


Day 2

We made it to Harrison Hot Springs.  A word of warning to those who feel that it is ok to insult Mother Nature.  Don’t do it!    She went from being passive-aggressive to being full on aggressive-aggressive!   Heavy rain accompanied by constant headwinds.   I swear that when I stopped to eat my sports beans and turned around to see where I had been the wind turned around to be in my face.   I did not know that she read blogs or was even computer literate.

This bug that I contracted before we left has not let up that much.  My seal imitation while riding has gained me more than a few peculiar looks as well as some applause.  Not only that but it scared the daylights out of both Telen and myself.   When I arrived here at Harrison Telen greeted me with a banana and a glass of water.   I took a bite of the banana and a drink of the water and went into full epi-glottal spasm.   I stood there desperately trying to get some air and inhaling with this horrible loud “strider” and turning quite blue.   Poor Telen thought I was choking and was going to do the Heimlich maneuver on me but I waved her off.   It took a minute or so for things to settle down but it felt like an eternity.   This is not an experience I want to repeat.   We may have to re-think our plans for the next few days in order for us to both be healthy when we get back on the bikes.

Harrison is a very cute but very touristy town with nobody in it.   Sunday night, I guess as well as a season that has been cold and rainy so far.    Rather than camp in the cold and wet with our viruses Telen made the executive decision to stay at a motel called the Spa Hotel which was cheap, had a kitchenette and no Spa. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews last month

Translate

Followers

Contributors